Music Banter - View Single Post - Rubber Soul's Top 25 Extravaganza (1955-2017)
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 04:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
rubber soul
Call me Mustard

Default Rubber Soul's Top 25 Extravaganza (1955-2017)

Call this the foreward to what I think is a very ambitious project. The idea is to try to talk about my top twenty-five albums for each year starting with 1955. Of course that means I have to listen to a lot of albums, especially as we get closer to the present, so I expect this to take a while. Hopefully I’ll make two posts a week until I get caught to where I’m still reviewing albums (as of this writing I’m reviewing 1976), then it may slow up a bit.

I’m also going to throw in some trivia for the hell of it. You know, like the most important events of each year like when Elvis Costello was seen at a gas station and mistaken for the other Elvis? You know, stuff like that.

But it will be mostly about the music, I promise. So keep an eye out for Monday when I debut with my top fifteen (yeah I know, I said twenty-five but you try and find twenty-five quality albums from that year) albums of 1955. See you then.