Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 08:00 AM   #47333 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Mike just got a job last week at the #1 pot dispensary in San Diego.

https://urbnleaf.com/

It's a dream job for him and he's making good money and getting plenty of hours for obvious reasons.

One other note about Linda. Her dad died when she was a teenager in a plane crash. Her sister and brother died a year apart when she was in her early 30s (the brother she's staying with is actually a step brother). And about 2 months ago her mother suddenly passed away. She's been having a hard time coping with the fact she's the only one left now.

I have to stay local for my job. I took a huge pay cut but am still making more than I would if I started from scratch. We also have a couple of things in the works that could help things finance wise.

The big hurdle will be selling the house. We have 1,600 sq ft. 3 bedrooms (1 is a huge master bedroom) and 2.5 baths. If it's just going to be me and mike we could get by with a whole lot less - we also live in a posh area. If we moved closer to downtown in an older area my monthly costs could easily be half of what they are now. Maybe more.

This is so ****ed up.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote