Music Banter - View Single Post - My Problem With Emo
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2006, 11:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Default My Problem With Emo

This isn`t going to be a bitch thread so don`t get your knickers in a twist.

OK , I like to think that I have a pretty broad mind when it comes to music.I don`t really have a favourite genre of music I listen to. And yet despite all this I seem to have a problem with emo.

I`ve been thinking about why this is and what I can do to rectify this.I don`t have a problem with the concept of it so why do I not like it.

Then it occured to me.

I`ve never seen ANYONE on this forum come up with a list of SONGS that define the genre , even though i`ve asked a few times in various threads. It`s all very well giving out long lists of bands catagorising them into different genres , sub genres , sub sub genres and all the rest of it.But if there is nothing to grab me why should I care?

So anyway , I don`t care about emo , screamo , post hardcore or any of that crap or whatever you call it.All i`m doing is I challenge you lot to come up with a list of 10 SONGS that you think define emo as a genre and are the best that it has to offer of any style or sub genre there is.And in return I shall listen to them with a totally open mind & tell you what I think of them.

Is that fair?

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote