Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 09:25 PM   #14686 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
Well, you two are very knowledgeable about 60s singles! I'm impressed. It's not often you hear people talking about Tomorrow or the Perfumed Garden show. Only on MB, folks!

Eight Miles High is one of my favourite Byrds tracks, but more for the wistful melody and lyrics (Sidewalk scenes, and black limousines...). I never particularly noticed the guitar solo and I'm surprised to learn that it was influenced by Coltrane - but then I couldn't really identify Coltrane's style as I've never listened to him much.

BTW, the live version of 8MH on Untitled is a wonderful 17-min jam which is easily my fave version of the song.
I that the revamped version of Eight Mile High, where they turn it into a jam session?

Well I know the Perfumed Garden show by name only. However I have listen to a few Peel Sessions. He was always a character I admired. Some of my favorite bands all unrelated music-wise had one thing in common: they appeared in one his broadcast sessions.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote