Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 07:24 AM   #9086 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
Wow I can't believe people are still on about the emails

Or maybe the current administration called for more investigation as a distraction Idk

but it's the most weak sauce "scandal" ever
^ Picking up on this comment, Rachel Maddow puts this re-investigation into a frightening perspective: part of an extensive campaign by Republicans and the Trump admin to discredit the Dems, deflect attention from Russian meddling and all its ramifications, and to use the FBI and the DOJ for their own partisan agenda.

RM starts by talking about this weekend's Camp David get-together, which is probably going to be a brain-storming session to oust Jeff Sessions. The picture that RM paints is a scary one for the future of America: all the checks and balances with which people reassured themselves that Trump's power would be restricted - all those checks and balances are being subverted to serve the president. Instead of defending US democracy against Russian meddling, the focus of various investigations is shifting towards defending Trump.

This clip is pretty long, but half of it should be enough to see how things are going:-