Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 05:52 PM   #14697 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
^ Well said, MicShazam. That's how I often feel when confronted with many rock bands, but I'm too cool (or too concerned about my cred on MB ) to come out and say it openly.

Thinking about it, my grumble is this: almost every rock band has the same 4 basic instruments. On the majority of tracks, they all like to come in and play their parts. To my ears, this sometimes creates a muffled, overloaded and uniform sound. I think that's why I often retreat to folk, world or a capella music - to have a rest from all those drums and bass guitars.
While I really do like guitars, there's just so many more instruments out there, so I don't want to give 90% of my music listening time to just that old 4 piece configuration of drums, bass, guitars. For me, it's a fairly recent development though. I used to be all about guitar oriented music, but now I really want to hear more variety - and that big category we call world music really does deliver. I've been listening to Warsaw Village Band recently. If you don't know them, I highly recommend them

Some strings and horns come in later in the track for great effect. I just love how rich it sounds.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote