Music Banter - View Single Post - Machine Reviews Every Album He Listens To
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 04:25 PM   #19 (permalink)
Machine
moon lake inc.

ENTRY 6

Ben Christensen - Inouno
GENRE: Techno?

So I bought a **** ton of EP's and singles the other day and figured I'd listen to something new today. This guy is not on rym whatsoever, so I have to take a wild guess as to what the genre what might be. I know the track is about 7 minutes long and it's supposed to be techno, so this should be a bit of fun. I actually just walked through the door and my dad said I absolutely had to listen to it because apparently it's awesome, so I'm excited to give this one a spin.

Track 1: INOUNO
Starting out with some really warped vocals and this really subdued synth. That is an absolutely monster kick drum. In fact all the drums are just completely over powering the mix, not in bad way though. Loving the synths so far, very in line with what you would normally consider techno although everything seems to be really slowed down. It's like downtempo if downtempo wasn't garbage. The track is actually pretty "out there" in subtle ways while keeping the standard beat and structure of an electronic song. Loving this square synth lead coming through the back of the mix. The vocals that started off the track are still phasing in and out of mix, but they're always present, gives the track a nice texture to it that it wouldn't have without it. There's a slightly jazzy element to the track that you wouldn't normally hear in a techno track, I'm not too sure it completely works, but it isn't bad. Like I said it's more of a fusion between techno and downtempo. The beat is strange in and of itself, it doesn't feel like it's looped, but being played live; it's more than likely quantized, but it does feel almost ever evolving in a way that a looped drum sample wouldn't have. Definitely a cool track, I did love a good majority of it.

7/10

Last edited by Machine; 01-07-2018 at 04:33 PM.
Machine is offline   Reply With Quote