Music Banter - View Single Post - Del shannon
Thread: Del shannon
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 09:19 PM   #28 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
Read this and you'll know why I'm here:- http://www.musicbanter.com/games-lis...ml#post1912126

I don't know much about Del Shannon, but when I get back from work I'm going to track down the mods of 2005 and give them a real roasting for leaving a Del Shannon thread in the Classical Music section!
I remember a few hits by Del Shannon from the Oldies station on long car trips. Runaway had this strange electric organ in it. I found out called "the Musictron" which was a modified clavioline keyboard. Hats off to Larry was an earworm all through grade-school. It's still an earworm whenever I am twenty feet near anyone named Larry. Del Shannon was one of Jeff Lynn's influences. He actually got to work with him on the album "Rock On!" which was release in '91 released after Del Shannon died.

The song I like by him is Keep Searchin', it was release in '65 and there is a bit of British Invasion or (UK) beat music influence there - I think. Maybe it's a unlikely coincidence but the song reminds of The Searchers.
Del Shannon - Keep Searchin' (We'll Follow The Sun)

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote