Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 04:28 AM   #9220 (permalink)
rubber soul
Call me Mustard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Congress wouldn't let Sanders get through most of the stuff he preaches about when he's up on his soapbox. He'd be a lame dick commander in chief.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maajo View Post

This is bull**** too - you've already made up your mind about him saying that **** like he's "preaching" and he's on his soapbox. He said what everyone knows is wrong, but you all think he's just blowing smoke up your ass and he couldn't possibly be genuine or have anything to offer as president. You'd rather play it safe with Hillary or something, and that's why we ended up with Trump.

Actually, Chula's partly right. If Sanders had a Republican Congress about the only think he'd accomplish was not getting Obama's policies overturned. Look at the trouble Trump is having with the congress supposedly on his side. On the other hand, he would have the bully pulpit, and maybe that would convince voters to go more progressive in the Midterms. I certainly think we would have been better off if Sanders did end up with the nomination and defeated Trump in the election. At least things wouldn't be getting worse and we'd have a President we'd actually like as a whole (I don't think Hillary's numbers would have been all that much higher than Donald's).
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote