Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 07:31 AM   #9226 (permalink)
Maajo
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
Actually, Chula's partly right. If Sanders had a Republican Congress about the only think he'd accomplish was not getting Obama's policies overturned. Look at the trouble Trump is having with the congress supposedly on his side. On the other hand, he would have the bully pulpit, and maybe that would convince voters to go more progressive in the Midterms. I certainly think we would have been better off if Sanders did end up with the nomination and defeated Trump in the election. At least things wouldn't be getting worse and we'd have a President we'd actually like as a whole (I don't think Hillary's numbers would have been all that much higher than Donald's).
Obama had the same problem, and any president for the time being is going to have the same problem. It's not a valid excuse to not elect someone or vote for them. Hillary and her husband come from the same political movement that gave us Reagan and two Bushes, so they ain't even better than anything, and her husband used to golf with Trump. She's not the solution we needed.
Maajo is offline   Reply With Quote