Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Classics: The Fall - This Nation's Saving Grace
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 03:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
rubber soul
Call me Mustard

Yeah, I was kind of surprised that people either really loved it or really hated it as if there was no inbetween. I'm not going to try and defend the album as I know the Fall is an acquired taste. Even now, I'm only getting more into the band as I've listened to a total of four albums so far (two that I owned including this one and Live at the Witch Trials and Grotesque- both great albums).

I do agree with Elph that it is something of a gateway album. Hearing Cruiser's Creek got me into buying this record and, later, the Frenz Experiment. I also had a compilation of some of their early work (How I Wrote Elastic Man is another favorite of mine). Anyway, when I listen to an album, I'm less concerned about the genre (in general anyway) and go with my gut- do I like this album or not? And this one, I really like.
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote