Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart Tries Desperately To Keep Up With This Year's Music
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 03:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Default Trollheart Tries Desperately To Keep Up With This Year's Music

This thread has two aims: first, and most importantly, to drive Ki nuts by having yet another of my threads to annoy him. But seriously, as I wade through the releases of 2017 I am of course in danger of missing out on some good music released this year. To that end, I've signed up for the Allmusic New Music This Week email, and will be listening to, and commenting on, anything I get in that.

I should also note that anything I check out off the above, I'll be taking the first track from the album, unless a single is the sample I get. I also have to go looking for the full YouTube as AllMusic only give me about a thirty-second sample. Poor me. And they say people don't have problems, huh?

No ratings this time, just a simple one-word result, anything from terrible to excellent and everything in between.

Beyond that: this IS a rec thread! Rec me music, however please observe my three simple rules:

1. Only ONE TRACK per post per time please
2. Only 2018 music
3. Please wait to post again until at least one other person has posted

As I'm recced tracks I will listen to them as I can and advise what I think of them. If I think something is really good I may check out the album it's from (if there is one) although the chances are I'll probably be lucky to find the time to do that. Nevertheless, open to any and all genres, as long as the rules above are followed. Post YouTubes or link me to Spotify, Soundcloud, Bandcamp, whatever.

I just received my first email from AllMusic today so will be listening to those tracks and will post my reactions to them soon. If anyone knows of any other similar service I should be checking out, feel free to let me know.

Last edited by Trollheart; 01-12-2018 at 05:29 PM.
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote