Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Classics: The Fall - This Nation's Saving Grace
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 03:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Track 1
Badass, underdeveloped and entirely too short. Quite a shame.

Track 2
Sounds like a drunk Alice Cooper moonlighting with another band.
A lot of modern rock and metal has entirely too quiet guitars and it robs the
music of power. These guitars sound powerful. There's an odd contrast in how
it sounds like the guitars would have been almost deafening if you were in
the studio when they were being recorded, and yet the singer is just sort of
talking.

Track 3
Hated it for the first few second, but the change makes it a lot more interesting.
For the first few seconds I feel like I'm stuck in a lasagna commercial or something.
Bring back the creepy part! Yeah... so this song is part good, part awful.
Ping ponging between the two for most of the song.
Actually, it feels a bit weird that it's over 5 minutes long when it literally just
repeats those two parts back and fort repeatedly.

Track 4
We're at the first track and it's about time that I get honest about the singer: He's
a bit crap, isn't he? He's just sort of moaning and talking into his microphone in this
incredibly annoying accent. I never understood the appeal of this sort of vocal. Where's
the power? The expressiveness? It's crap.

Musically, the track is the first unremarkable song on the album. It would have had a
bit more flavor if the organs in the background hadn't been so extremely quiet and buried
in the mix.

Adding insult to injury, this song is repetitive as hell. The first three songs were really
pretty interesting in various ways, but this one just seems like filler.

Track 5
Right from the outset: Somebody please get rid of the dude with the microphone. He kills this -
and not in a good way. If this is going to be how it goes for the rest of the album, I'm not
going to be friends with this thing.
Halfway through, the music gets a bit more interesting. Neat. The singer is very quiet, which
is good. Of course it doesn't last long, so...

Track 6
If this was just the bass player and the drummer, I'd be quite happy to hear the rest of this album.
This song has a sort of impressionistic thing going on. It's a pretty simple core arrangement with
what seems like some loose improvisations slathered on top. It works pretty well.
Best song on the album so far! I almost like it.

Track 7
Sounds like an attempt at sounding like Velvet Underground. I want to flush both singers here in the
nearest toilet. Blah.

Track 8
Jesus Christ this album feels long.

Tracks 9-16
**** it, I don't like this album. I can see how there's a strong aesthetic to this album and how it's
all performed with a good amount of conviction, but I can't say I that enjoy it - or even find it
very interesting.

"You don't get it!" True. I don't appreciate this whole branch of rock. Very simple, uninteresting guitar
lines and terrible vocals. It's just like with most hip-hop, in that you're supposed to tune into it on
a whole other level than I'm able to.

I'm voting honestly, not diplomatically, so this get's a really low score. I'm honestly not trying to
be a contrarian and I did give the album a listen, which is more than most people in this world will.

3/10 - Not my thing. In fact not even ****ing close.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote