Music Banter - View Single Post - a push in the right direction
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 06:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

I find some of this music to be quite challenging - the challenge being to stick it out to the end without slipping into a coma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
I guess getting close to electronica though, I'd go with Eno, Ultravox, and maybe Stereolab.
^ Nevertheless, I can x2 this recommendation, although it's best to choose carefully to get the Eno that you want. Some of his best ambient albums were done with Fripp, who of course went on to do plenty of ambient albums on his own. Of the whole bunch, I'd recommend "Heavenly Music Corporation" as being their finest hour; it has some slow but robust guitar playing from R.Fripp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maajo View Post
I have absolutely no good recommendations for following the exact guidelines of this request, but jackhammer's response gives some good chillout and downtempo type stuff which I know a bit about.

I quite like this whole album, pretty damn laid back and spacey:

^ This album sounds great - as you say, it may not fit the OP requirements too well, but it is all the better for that, imo. For a similar reason I liked the Vangelis and Wave Racer tracks too.