Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 07:23 PM   #9238 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

As Trump's language and lying show no signs of improving, and the Republicans continue to defend the indefensible, I'm pleased to see some people outside America are calling him out:-
Item 1:
Trump explained cancelling his trip to open the new US embassy in London with the false accusation that Obama made a bad deal. (In fact, the deal was made on Bush's watch, and isn't necessarily so bad). According to Trump :-
Quote:
Reason I canceled my trip to London is that I am not a big fan of the Obama Administration having sold perhaps the best located and finest embassy in London for “peanuts,” only to build a new one in an off location for 1.2 billion dollars. Bad deal. Wanted me to cut ribbon-NO!
To quote a British newspaper today: "Former Labour leader Miliband wasted no time in cutting Trump down to size. He tweeted: "Nope it’s because nobody wanted you to come. And you got the message."

Item 2:
From former Mexican president Vicente Fox, comes this response to Trump's comment about Haiti and Africa:-
Quote:
.@realDonaldTrump, your mouth is the foulest ****hole in the world. With what authority do you proclaim who’s welcome in America and who’s not. America’s greatness is built on diversity, or have you forgotten your immigrant background, Donald?
Meanwhile, Republicans continue to be motivated by their own craven self-interest and seem less capable than ever of making sound moral judgements. Lies, sexual harrassment, paedophilia, the denial of science - there's nothing they won't accept if it is to their near-sighted partisan benefit. In it's way, I find their mealy-mouthed acquiesence more annoying than Trump himself.