Music Banter - View Single Post - Dreams
Thread: Dreams
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 10:31 PM   #1112 (permalink)
Chiomara
mayor of spookytown

Omg I just noticed the tags for this thread, how nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
Indulgent garbage is the best garbage.
Especially when it's Animorphs+Buffy crossover fanfiction from 2001 on some ancient Angelfire website.

MicShazam, they're out there, (the bestiaries-- illuminated manuscripts, too) you just have to search. There's more and more PDFs floating around online nowadays. I've seen lots of digitized manuscripts available online lately, too. Though I often just visit this site when I'm looking for a specific ridiculous creature.

This my current favorite bestiary: https://quod.lib.umich.edu/e/eebo/A1...-Linnean+works
It's filled with whimsical gibberish, I love it. And LOTS of questionable information about bees.
The title alone is amazing: "The historie of serpents. Or, The second booke of liuing creatures wherein is contained their diuine, naturall, and morall descriptions, with their liuely figures, names, conditions, kindes and natures of all venemous beasts: with their seuerall poysons and antidotes; their deepe hatred to mankind, and the wonderfull worke of God in their creation, and destruction. Necessary and profitable to all sorts of men: collected out of diuine scriptures, fathers, phylosophers, physitians, and poets: amplified with sundry accidentall histories, hierogliphicks, epigrams, emblems, and ænigmaticall obseruations."

No images though unfortunately :c