Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Classics: The Fall - This Nation's Saving Grace
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 06:20 PM   #83 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
Didn't mean to be insulting. I know he was loved by his bandmates.
Well I really have no I idea what Geritol is, so that is another contributing factor why I didn't find it funny. I always imagine it as 20th century snake oil, but I am really not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
Unfortunately when the best known bands from Canada are Rush and the Guess Who, Canada may have a hard time getting respect in the music world.

On the other hand, they can kick anybody's ass in Hockey and, politically speaking, they have it all over the US so I wouldn't walk around with an inferiority complex.
OK now I am laughing at your jokes, that was pretty good one. I agree Canada should be proud cause Guess Who and Rush are really great bands.

I haven't gone through Guess Who albums tbh, but they have one of the finest greatest hits albums of all time, and not to mention they have some of the best Jazz chords in Rock n Roll history. I really have "mad respect" for the musicians in Rush. I also like Joni Mitchell, The Sugar Shoppe, and Crystal Castles - they are really good too.

Another really great Canadian singer besides Celine Dion who could go without mentioning cause everyone just raves about her was Ronnie Hawkins. He was equal to Elvis Presley. I've heard he was known as the Canadian Elvis. Ronnie Hawkins gather the best musicians he could find. They is a whole long story to it, but in short his backing band The Hawks went on latter to become The Band. Your "Mr. Geritol drinker" was actually the keyboard player in The Band. Garth was both band mate and mentor.

I'll pass on the Hockey or Politics comments. This here thread is about The Fall, and I really shouldn't comment on all that other stuff.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote