Music Banter - View Single Post - The Country, Folk & World Recommendation Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 10:45 AM   #781 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Welcome to Music Banter, Funky Tube

I was intrigued by the unusual name of the first artist you recommended, so I took your advice and found Fin'amor on Youtube:-

^ Yes, it's really good; a great voice singing in a very strange language. Thanks for the recommendation.

And here's the first Julie Fowlis clip that turns up on Youtube:-

Looks like you and I have something in common, Funky Tube; we don't have to understand what is being sung to appreciate the singing. (My apologies if I am underestimating your linguistic powers and you are fluent in Scottish Gaelic and whatever language Lamia Bedioui was using.)

And so he doesn't feel left out, here's a track from the album Occult Hawk just recommended:-

^ My first impression of this? Really nice guitar playing, but I'm not sure that the cicadas add much to the mix. If I were recording wildlife, I'd go more for elephants, lions, seagulls, whales, howler monkeys; animals who have a bit more to say for themslves.