Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 04:41 PM   #9346 (permalink)
Chiomara
mayor of spookytown

I can't handle these sort of stories because you just know there are countless other children in similar albeit less extreme situations (in ordinary houses in the suburbs) at any given moment.

According to this site:
Spoiler for .:
"We have located 138 fatalities from 1986 to the present. Of these, 123 fatalities occurred from 2000 through 2017."

Quote:
Neighbors said they knew a large family lived there, CNN affiliate KABC reported, but they never saw any of the younger children. They said the kids would emerge occasionally at the same time to work on the lawn and would head back in together.
One neighbor said the children appeared "very pale-skinned, almost like they'd never seen the sun."

Another neighbor, Kimberly Milligan, said the children were thin and appeared malnourished.

So oblivious.

I wish sociopaths and people who view children as pets/objects would stop procreating.

Another one: https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-si...-homeschooling

Spoiler for .:
Quote:
On September 9, the parents of Hana Williams, an Ethiopian teenager living in the state of Washington, were convicted of killing her. During the last year of her life, court documents show, she had lost almost 30 pounds as she was beaten, denied food, forced to sleep in a barn, and given cold outdoor showers with a garden hose. Much of the time she was kept barefoot, although she was allowed shoes if there was snow on the ground. Sometimes she was given nothing but a towel to wear. If Williams had been in school, someone might have noticed that she was underdressed and emaciated. But she was homeschooled, and so her parents, fundamentalist Christians in thrall to a harsh disciplinary philosophy, had complete privacy to punish her as they saw fit. She died naked, face down in the mud in their backyard.

And another from just last year.

Last edited by Chiomara; 01-17-2018 at 06:00 PM.
Chiomara is offline   Reply With Quote