Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 05:42 PM   #14952 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Incendiary - Thousand Mile Stare (2017)

Dear god. I never listen to new music simply out of laziness, but through chance I stumble upon an absolute top hardcore record that just so happens to be from 2017 that's absolutely everything I ever wanted and never quite got from New York hardcore. It's thunderous, vicious, has production that is neither overdone nor weak, those breakdowns could topple buildings, and in general is the absolute perfect aggressive record, no matter what genre you're looking for aggression from. Want hardcore? Here. Want metal? Here. Just want something that's mean in general? Here.

Not only is it genre perfect, but the songwriting is uncharacteristically developed and makes each track feel like its own animal, rather than really well done versions of the same exact thing over and over again. And that inventive guitar work has no business being on a hardcore record. This is something that if time serves it well I could conceivably see putting up against the best from Slayer or... okay I might as well just stop there and say this rips as hard and brilliantly as a Slayer album.

If you like **** that makes you want to harm others then you're a ****ing poseur for ignoring this album.

There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote