Music Banter - View Single Post - Forum Member Showcase
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 12:12 PM   #3488 (permalink)
Key

Omnimusic - Frownland aka Sober Drunks

Here's the thing I hate about Frownland. He has this weird persona that he wants to be different all the time and pretends that the music he makes is classified as "free jazz". So basically it's another term for "you can have no talent but be successful." Interesting dynamic to say the least. But hey, he continues to throw out albums combating Mondo Bungle, and y'know, sometimes in this mess of trash he has created, sometimes there are things that are somewhat listenable.

He told me he wanted me to listen to his new album, so here it is, Omnimusic by Sober Drunks. So, apparently because Frownland is so very edgy, he decided that instead of making the album a traditional track by track listening experience, he instead turned it into a solo 40 minute track that you basically have to listen to in one sitting otherwise you're ****ed. Very interesting choice of structure, and no, it doesn't really work in its favor. Yes, the whole album is one track titled Omnimusic. I don't get it. I don't get the joke that Frown is evidently trying to portray here. But again, we have to keep in mind that Frownland likes to keep this persona going as long as he can. He knows he's just screwing with all of us, but the effort he's putting into making this joke as evident as possible is truly astounding.

I'm about 5 minutes into the track right now and I'm not going to finish the rest of the track. I've heard enough. The entire intro of this track was so god awful that it actually made me not high anymore and I just smoked half a joint. That's how frustrating it was to listen to.

Frown, for the love of God, we get the joke. You can stop now.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote