Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Awards 2017 (Winners!)
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 06:12 PM   #42 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Congratulations to all the winners; it's good to see so many of the regular contributors getting some well-deserved credit for all their various and varied input. Well done, guys! Special congrats to some new names among the awards: rubber soul, Occult Hawk, Qwertyy, rostasi, as well as to the old-timers: the Bat, the Troll and the Frown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man like Monkey View Post
Lisna has become a certified big hitter of the forum with his Lifetime Achievement Award
^ Thanks, MLM - and thanks to everybody who has been kind enough to nominate/vote for/congratulate me. I feel especially honoured to've been given the Lifetime Award, even if I'm not entirely sure what it's for. I guess it's true that I've been listening to music longer than anyone else here,( if not as intensively or as perceptively). And I've subsidised the music industry by buying plenty of albums across the years. I think MB is about the only place where that might be recognised as an achievement - and that's why I like MB so much. I'm very pleased to feel part of a community of fellow music nerds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunmouthGrace View Post
Can't wait for the MB 2018 awards. I better get at least nominated for Most Unassailable Member.
Also, condolences to the people who didn't make the list this year. Gunmouth I'm afraid went awol during the critical month of voting, and Lucem Ferre, MLM, Plankton, Neapolitan, DwnWthVwls and Chiomara all deserved to get more recognition imo: perhaps you'll accept my own,
"Somehow Fell Through The Gaps" Award.

Last edited by Lisnaholic; 01-21-2018 at 06:28 PM.
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote