Music Banter - View Single Post - Dreams
Thread: Dreams
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 07:26 PM   #1135 (permalink)
Chiomara
mayor of spookytown

Had a dream during my nap but I didn't write it down, so I can't remember most of it:

It was Christmas and I was attending a wake at a stranger's house. (A rather nice though not very large house, with paintings all over the walls and lots of antiques and big giant windows. It was snowing outside.) I think it was in Georgia somewhere deep in the woods. I knew about half of the people there and the rest were strangers. The person who died was the grandfather of someone I knew and I saw his ghost puttering around in the kitchen at one point. I chose to lurk in the corner of the room. There was a man seated in a high-backed dark red chair in the living room; he was holding a small painting in his lap. A dozen or so people were lined up to his left; he was facing away from them, toward me instead though I couldn't see his face-- it was blurry and partly obscured by his hair. He was dressed nicely but a bit disheveled. Whenever the next person in line approached him, they'd whisper something and he would nod either yes or no after staring down at the painting for a few minutes as though it were a scrying mirror. After a while he began ignoring them and started silently mouthing something to me but I couldn't understand what he was saying, and he apparently could not get up to come tell me and I was too stubborn to leave the warm fireplace area. I gave up and walked over to the kitchen to forage for food; the only thing remaining was a bowl of salmon roe caviar placed on top of an ornate copper serving platter. I dumped out the caviar on the plate and formed it into a giant question mark shape, and brought it to the man in the chair without a word and then ran off to go lay in the snow outside.

Last edited by Chiomara; 01-22-2018 at 12:09 AM.
Chiomara is offline   Reply With Quote