Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club: "September Winds" by Evan Parker, Hans Anliker, Reto Senn, Peter A Sc
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 04:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
rubber soul
Call me Mustard

September Winds- Evan Parker, Hans Anliker, Reto Senn, Peter A Schmid, Jurg Solothurnmann (2001)

Best Tracks: Everything flows into each track with similar music that’s it hard to discern which track is better than the next.

Weakest Tracks: See best tracks

Well, the best thing I can say about this album is that it’s clearly ambient. It’s not especially bad, but it isn’t especially good either. On the other hand, it is certainly listenable and I can see how you can be into this rather unconventional album. For me though, it sounds more like a movie soundtrack, kind of like I’d imagine in something like Avatar.

So I guess I’ll have to give this a strong meh for what it’s worth. I think if I had to hear this all the time (at work for example- and I have an experience with something similar to this), I’d probably would go mad if I wasn’t already. But a one-time listen isn’t all that bad, just nothing I’d shake the rafters for.

6/10 (the Word has spoken )
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote