Music Banter - View Single Post - Magic the Gathering
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 07:16 PM   #26 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinewolfweiselpigeon View Post
That's cool. I only play casually with my bf but he got really into it a few years ago so we have a good collection of cards. Mostly newer stuff from drafts and the odd booster (starting from Origins and on) but I can't be bothered to keep up with it like he does. I'm shopping around for older cards to incorporate into this neat green black deck I built and keep evolving, eventually I want to make it a commander deck. I don't really want to go play with strangers but I'm getting really bored of playing with my bf lol and tbh I'm tired of winning all the time lol.
For me personally, older cards means 2007 and older. Back when the artwork on the cards was way more varied and interesting. Thankfully, there's this board game store nearby that has these large containers full of old magic cards. You can just buy them in piles for very little money, so I've been going for all sorts of old-school cool

Also, while I might be wrong, I feel certain that there used to be some sort of non-commercial, fan run online magic platform. Wouldn't wonder if it has been shut down a long time ago, now that Wizards of the Coast have all these paid Magic games on PC.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote