Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 10:41 PM   #26285 (permalink)
Maajo
Music Addict

So, I tend to go with the way the used section "current" takes me, knocking out albums on my list along the way, and that'd explain the variety of what I bought today:

Tago Mago (remastered) - Can

There's probably a reason why I can never seem to find anything by Can in the used section - either not many people own copies of their albums, or maybe it's just because those who do don't tend to sell their copies. I tend to believe the latter, this album is excellent.

Boy In Da Corner - Dizzee Rascal

I do tend to find used copies of Dizzee Rascal's material, but it's usually Maths+English which I don't like quite as much as this one despite it having been made on the Def Jux label (I believe). It's insane that most don't cite this album as an influence on Death Grips at least in terms of those electronic beats that are prominent throughout the album. Either way, this is a really, really good one, I tried to get into The Streets as well but I haven't had any success - they sound super corny to me for some reason, but I'll give it another go.

The ArchAndroid - Janelle Monae

This is the only album of hers that I've given a proper listen, that's going to have to change because she murders this album entirely! If there's a direction that I want to see R&B go in, it's not with Lemonade, but The ArchAndroid. It's groovy, it's smooth, and it's just damn brilliant!
Maajo is offline   Reply With Quote