Music Banter - View Single Post - help with guitar
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2006, 04:12 PM   #30 (permalink)
Wild7Dustr
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by judas_priest
Cool- thanks I'll keep that in mind! I'm trying to get a band together at the moment to jam with and stuff. Only short of drummer.
You've said before that you've been jamming for 15 years- that's so cool. How young were you when you started? I wish I'd started playing earlier.
Damn, I haven't been in this forum as much lately because I've checked out/posted in some others too!!!I just noticed that you posted now.

Just so ya know, I'd help out and jam with ya here and there if you were nearby, but seeing that you're not only a state away, but ,even more, a country, that would definitely be a long shot, ya know?

As for the talk about my "devotion" to music, I probally already said this, but I'll say again that I've been playing on and off for many years!!! In other words, I haven't been playing both guitar and drums for that time period, I've went back and forth!!!

As for when I started, well, I'd just have to say that it really began right after Nirvana first came out!!!Nirvana was that big influence that got me more into playing than ever, therefore making me much more serious and devoted to not only listening to, but also playing great music!!!

And for anyone else out there, starting early doesn't necessarily mean starting at a young age!!!It is more about starting right now, now that you're more interested/serious about it than ever, instead of waiting/putting it off, ya see?

Whether you're 8 years old or 80 years old, start now or suffer the consequences of dying as a terrible musician that could've possibly been known forever as a legend!!!

For example, take a look at these guys:

1.Kurt Cobain.
2.Cliff Burton.
3.Randy Rhoads.
4.Eric Carr.
5.Stevie Ray Vaughan.
6.Dimebag Darrell.
7.Layne Staley.
8.Steve Clark.
9.John Lennon.
10.Bon Scott.

They all died as legends, not just regular people!!!So, keep on practicing if you ever want your music to "live on", ya hear?

Nice talkin' again, judas!!!See ya later!!!