Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart Listens to Every Album on Wiki's List for 2017
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 03:01 PM   #1689 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Album title: 9
Artist: Cashmere Cat
Genre: Alternative R&B/Electronic
Nationality: Norwegian
Release date: April 28
Position in Discography: Debut
Estimated Rating:

Familiar with this artist? No
Familiar with the genre or subgenre? No
Average RYM Score: 2.94
Another music producer who uses various singers to interpret his music. Here we have the likes of Ariana Grande, Ty Dolla Sign, Selena Gomez and Kehlani, to name but a few. The title track has a lot of weirdly experimental/industrial type sounds, mixed in with what comes across as a heavy r&b track which then metamorphoses into a kind of trance thing. “Wild Love”, featuring The Weeknd is terribly annoying, lots of fragmented samples, autotune and what sounds either like someone hiccuping or plucking a stretched elastic band. Ugh. The next one is a sub-standard hip-hop piece but then I hear familiar chords, and “Victoria's Veil” opens with an extract (the beginning, in fact) of The Alan Parsons Project's “The Eagle Will Rise Again”. Never expected to hear that now I must say. Got my attention.

Yeah but after that it loses it. I'm not a fan of these kind of albums. Hard for me to judge someone's performance as a producer, and there are too many vocalists and stars here to sort them out. I could be listening to an album by any of them. Shrug.

Check out more from this artist?No
Check out more from this genre or subgenre? Yes

Actual Rating: