Music Banter - View Single Post - That feeling when...
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 08:46 PM   #5904 (permalink)
Chiomara
mayor of spookytown

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunmouthGrace View Post
That sounds magical.
It truly is; I highly recommend that company if you have any interest in nice smelling things whatsoever. It's not like the standard perfume you buy at the mall with alcohol in it and whatnot; they're amazingly blended oils and aren't overpowering at all. Their catalog is seriously incredible; they have oils that smell like old leather-bound books (!!!!!) and so many themed collections centering around everything from comic books/fantasy series to classical literature and mythological figures. (I'm their unofficial publicist now I guess.) As well as more niche collections inspired by paintings or specific literary characters. They have plenty of unisex/more masculine smelling oils too so really it's great for anyone. I have their catalog memorized so I can give recommendations easily for anyone who may want any in the future (which I doubt, but one can hope)

Today though I'm wearing one called Perversion (mixed with a tiny bit of mandrake root oil) : "Smoky rum and black tobacco with a whisper of steamy leather with a splash of crystalline chardonnay, layered over a sensual, sweet, and deceptively magnetic base of tonka." On me it mostly just smells sweet and creamy and mildly boozy with a tiiiny bit of leather + a really nice mild dirt-like earthy note.

I also have one called Nosferatu ("desiccated herbs and gritty earth brought to life with a swell of robust and sanguineous red wines") which smells amaaaaazing on men. Ugh.

Anyway thanks for coming to my TED talk, I apologize for that wall of text that is probably of no interest to anyone