Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 02:41 PM   #47887 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
I somewhat understand you a little bit kinda sorta not really but maybe a bit.
*blushes* I think it moved.....

Golf is so awesome on many levels. (Caddyshack is NOT a point of reference BTW)

1. As Exo said, fresh air and exercise. And if you think golf isn't strenuous you've never played a full round. I've suffered a number of injuries from golf. Ever torn an intercostal muscle? Painful as all ****.

2. Golf is a party if you play with friends. Lots of drinking, sometimes some bud, and lots of hilarity. The 19th hole is like a keg party. Everyone is exhausted but nicely buzzed. Stories start getting swapped about the day on the course.

3. Golf is universal. Linda and I use to hook up with an Asian couple to play a round. We could maybe understand a dozen words between us, but we always had a blast playing together. "NICE SHOT" translates across all languages.

4. Golf is all about camaraderie. You hook up with a complete stranger(s) on the first tee, and 4.5 hours later after 300+ combined shots you are laughing and having fun like the best of buds (99% of the time). Everyone appreciates a good shot. Everyone has had a blow up hole and knows when to look away from a meltdown.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote