Music Banter - View Single Post - Vince McMahon Restarting the XFL
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 03:27 PM   #32 (permalink)
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard
OQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maajo View Post
So Vince owning both companies isn't a tie to each company? You've gotta be ****ting me, man! Lmfao!
trying to figure out what it is you dont understand here.

let me try to dumb it down as much as i can. the WWE is a public owned company in which the McMahon family own approximately 70% of the shares. the wwe owns multiple other business ventures under their brand i.e the WWE Network, a film production company, and formerly the XFL.

the newest incarnation of the XFL is owned by Vince McMahon. it is NOT under the WWE umbrella. this means that while yes, the XFL is owned by a man who owns shares in the WWE, it is a seperate entity that runs as it's own company.

Quote:
I don't know what they're watching for right now either, because I don't see how it's realistic (mainly because of the poor booking), but if it's just a big joke and there's no credibility, what are you guys watching? Big sweaty men in tights hugging each other? You guys have to be buying into something in order to watch it consistently. That's how it works.
there's more options than

1. hyper realistic traditional wrestling
2. big joke with no credibility

the new age of WWE sees the company look to embrace the internet age by giving the fans a different view of the product. lets take for example the massive amount of content filmed outside of the ring that they give on the WWE network. shows that feature wrestlers riding together, wrestling in training facilities, and even off-screen relationships.

just because you personally might need something to be realistic in order to enjoy it does not mean that everyone else has the same problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote