Music Banter - View Single Post - Post terrible AMV's
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 03:30 PM   #33 (permalink)
Chiomara
mayor of spookytown

I am the only person alive who hasn't seen Evangelion yet (despite having been told by 356,883 people to see it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I have not. But Azumangah Daioh is clearly great cause it makes no sense (especially early episodes). The episodes have vague themes, but ultimately are collections of nonsense scenes that are strung together haphazardly.

It's also great because it communicates the innocence and pointlessness of youth in a way that makes it fun and nostalgic while still making sure to point out how stupid all your best school memories really were. And now that you're older the teachers are the best characters, showing just how much you'll always be that same retarded jackass from school, just with new problems to make your life just as ridiculous. For real me and my best friend are entirely Yukari and Nyamo and have been since high school.

Guess which one I am!
(I assume you're the shouty one ofcourse)

Well I do love goofy nonsense so I suppose that explains it. But yeah I remember it being very #relatable and comforting with its endearing whimsical stupidity (though tbh now I mostly only remember lots of yelling). I'm always looking for more wholesome shows like that to balance out all the usual grimdark type stuff.