Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 05:46 PM   #47941 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I don't support troops, I support people not suffering. A Vietnam vet who thinks their war meant something is a fool, but if they got shot, watched a friend get shot, or experienced any of the things that can traumatize a human being in a war zone then I feel empathy for that, and that is one of the things that makes me not support war. Their presence in Vietnam may have been a crime to the people of that country engaged in a civil war that should never have involved any foreign nations, but that doesn't make an injured American's excruciating physical and emotional pain any less horrible.

Women who wear mini skirts for a night out and get raped don't deserve that suffering, and soldiers who go to war for idiotic patriotism and wake up screaming when they come home don't deserve that kind of visceral misery. Nothing can make you deserve that unless you were in the ****ing Waffen SS shooting Russian children in the head on your way to Stalingrad. There's simply no way to understand what any of that is until you're in it and to throw veterans under the bus simply because they were naive idiots undermines the very purpose of hating war because you just don't care about what happens to people.
If we coddle every mother****er who comes out of a war and drape the word hero over their soldiers, it only perpetuates the concept that murdering multiple people is somehow noble and churns out more bodies. Nobody deserves the pain or random death caused by war. Nobody deserves to inflict that pain and death.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote