Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2018, 04:23 AM   #7322 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiomara View Post
Definitely, especially when it comes to things like gin.

Though personally I'm quite fine with barely-decent liquor so long as it's white rum or tequila. One just needs really good mixers aside from just the usual cheap sugary junk. I'm excessive by nature so I like using things like blood orange and pomegranate and mango juice and such. (Oh and for instance if you infuse cheap gin with blackberries for a few weeks or so it takes the edge off a little and ofc tastes wonderful and like blackberries and springtime. SO good if you use it to make a gin fizz or modified gin and tonic type drink with lemon rather than lime and some sugar added, and maybe elderflower liqueur?) Though I guess these things are much easier to manage if you're only a very light drinker and don't require large quantities of expensive liquor and liqueurs.
The reason why I would only go for slightly high end licquor is that i really only drink things pure - no mixing. Under those conditions, a not very nice rum will have you making faces right away.

I'd like to try a proper gin based drink next time I get the chance at some party or whatever. I'm not sure I've ever even had gin. I don't actually drink often. An ale or stout on my own maybe a couple times a month. A couple beers with a friend or at board game night. A bit of rum when I visit my parents, since my dad has a lot of good bottles. Lots of red wine at family get togethers, but those are rare. Can't recall the last time I've actually been at a place where we had mixed drinks.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote