Music Banter - View Single Post - What is love?
Thread: What is love?
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 10:05 AM   #41 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Luckily for me I'm too ugly and boring for any woman to bother with me, but even if they wanted to, I couldn't as you all know. And on that note, at the risk of being even more of a boring, preaching **** than I normally am, I suppose it could be said that love is also giving of yourself to another person without any real regard for yourself. Giving up your job of thirty years to look after someone who needs you desperately to be there for them, forgetting all your friends and contenting yourself with this new existence you have to live.

Putting someone else first - always - and not resenting it. Except sometimes. But not blaming them for it. Putting your life on hold, permanently, for their sake, always being concerned with what's best for them, even if it's not what you consider is best for you, and just being as unselfish as you can be. Maybe.

When Karen's SKY TV was on the blink and she had nothing to watch for three weeks till an engineer could get to us, I unplugged mine and lent it to her, and contented myself with watching Netflix on the Fire HD stick. Now that's love.
And she won't even let you hit it smh.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote