Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 10:24 AM   #48139 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'd have to ask then how teachers get their jobs? Are there not any kind of conditions, any exams they have to pass? This is ridiculous; these are the people training the minds of those who may end up running the country at some stage? When I went to hedge school, at least the wizards and monks all knew their stuff. It's disgraceful to say that teachers - surely, in terms of knowledge, the most relied (or expected to be able to be relied) upon other than doctors and lawyers - are so badly trained and so ill-informed. Batty, your story about the Lieutenant is a glaring example, and exactly as you say: even if you don't know the name, how could someone with so low a rank be a supreme commander? It's not like they were like that guy in World War II, Sergeant Montgomery.
These are teacher salaries in America by state (convert from dollars obviously). This is why nobody with half a brain wants to waste their mountain of student debt teaching to kids who don't care.

Teacher Salaries By State | Average Salaries For Teachers | Beginning Salaries For Teachers | Teacher Raises | TeacherPortal.com
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote