Music Banter - View Single Post - The Trilogy
Thread: The Trilogy
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 09:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

"The Dream" is a short and sweet collection of songs - just six tracks, none of which break the five-minute barrier, but Plankton packs a lot of quality into into that time anyway:-

With Rise, a relaxed start quickly leads into some tasty guitar playing which winds and weaves up to a higher register. I wish you'd explored this one a bit furthur tbh, Plankton - I'd love to hear the 25-min live jam version!
Farewell to the Sea had a vaguely familiar feel and turns out to be a cover of a Rush song. There is a short section of fast and furious playing in the middle.
Metamorphosis is a self-composition with a more languid approach. Throughout "The Dream", I just love the guitar tone, with it's slightly rough tinny sound. This track displays that to great effect imo.
Pomp 3XT starts with what sounds like a digeridoo, has a bit of fast guitar and a touch of Third Uncle in it, before it concludes with applause. Because the other tracks are clearly studio tracks, for me, it disrupted the flow a little.
But Plankton finishes with a flourish: Flight of the Killer Planton and Floating in Another Time are the equal best tracks imo. Both are a good blend of great guitar playing with some mellower keyboard infills and, in true show-biz tradition, they left me wanting more.

So thanks, Plankton - all round a great collection of guitar tracks!