Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 11:27 AM   #9566 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
the narrative is already against them

majority disapproval of Trump on both these issues

this is about damage control

it's basically lose lose
The narrative for wishy washy people who lazily support illegal immigrants is not as powerful as the narrative pushed by a far more vocal and froth-mouthed minority. It's a very real reason why Donald ****ing Trump was elected, so please don't dismiss it as if the battle is basically won but with some messy cleanup. Dreamers wouldn't be in danger of being deported if so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
So you support the wall so it can be used against the right as a monument to hate in the future?

Sorry if I’m too thick to catch your point.

Sorry I get it. You mean let the deportations begin so we can just start getting on with what needs to be done.
I'd like to think that the deportations could be stopped in their tracks when Facebook videos of screaming families being ripped apart started showing up on everyone's feed, but yes. No matter how much you appease, this anti-immigration frenzy isn't going anywhere so long as Hispanic immigration continues, so this battle will probably need to be fought at some point anyway. Might as well take a stand now.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.

Last edited by The Batlord; 02-01-2018 at 11:39 AM.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote