Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 03:27 PM   #48209 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Bull****. You said I was buying into hype about government overreach.
Well, you did bring up suicide rates, which is one of the myths that gets pushed by the anti-CCSS crowd. Suicide rates have been increasing at an alarming rate, but to single out CCSS is stupid.

Quote:
Psychiatrists, counselors, and school officials agree: The impetus to suicide is usually far more complex than anxiety about school work and is almost always linked to depression and other mental health problems.

Researchers have not found that school stress directly causes students to take their own lives, said Susan Swick, chief of the division of child and adolescent psychiatry at Newton-Wellesley Hospital.
The overwhelming #1 reason for the upward spike of suicides in the last 10 years has been the widespread explosion of social media with kids that are addicted to being on-line 24/7, and unfortunately, many of which fall prey to cyber-bullying.

Also, the phenomenon of Suicide Clusters among teens is still not even remotely understood.

I'm done. Sorry if I crossed any personal lines Hawk.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote