Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Does D&D
Thread: MB Does D&D
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 10:03 AM   #90 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You've made your point and I've explained how difficult it is to say the same things without repeating myself. I've also asked you on several occasions to read my non-music material; you've completely ignored this. Have you read my stories, or the extracts from my novel, and if so, can you apply the same criticism to that writing? If not, then it's clear that I'm somewhat limited when writing about music, but not about television, history, plot or exposition. I'd appreciate it if you would stop focussing on the one aspect of my writing you can pick holes in, and either confirm or deny that I can write very well outside of that limited sphere.

Other than that, you're just avoiding making a proper critique of my writing because you know that the music writing is only one part of it, the least effective and the one in which I can stretch my talents the least, and don't want to admit that I can write.

However, I really don't want this thread to turn out to be about my writing, so either check my writing or just drop the subject. I already said I don't have any particular wish to be GM, was just offering. But I will continue to defend my writing, to you and anyone else who criticises it in such a lazy and biased way.

If you're going to take issue with something, look at it from all angles, not just the one which makes your argument look the best. You might not like my writing - Frownland doesn't, what a surprise - but you can't dismiss it just because you don't like it. You also can't dismiss it if you haven't read it properly.
"How can you say you don't like the Beatles if you haven't listened to every song they've ever made?"
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote