Music Banter - View Single Post - Architecture
Thread: Architecture
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 06:17 AM   #130 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninetales View Post
I was there in May/June 2015. They used to have free 5-day layovers in Reyjavik if you were travelling to Europe so we took advantage of it. amazing place, I would definitely go back just to travel and camp the interior of Iceland. The landscape and climate of the island is unlike anything ive seen before. no vegetation, the coldest winds ive ever experienced (and im from fucking Canada) and active volcanoes/geisers mixed with hot springs and waterfalls all around. id highly recommend going there if you ever get the chance - Reykjavik itself is quite expensive tho, but certainly worth it
^ It sounds fascinating to me, Ninetales!

The Mid-Atlantic Ridge is 10,000 miles long, and Iceland is the only place on the planet where it is high enough to be above sea-level. It looks like this and is one of the great places of pilgrimage for anyone who is geology-minded I should think:-

__________________________________________________ __________

Welcome to MB, L with a G We don't have many posters in this thread with such hands-on experience in construction, and I liked your collection of photos - especially the blurred one of Big Ben.

Personally, I don't like The Gerkin, but your photos of it are very good. I've never seen a pic of it from the inside, either; surely it isn't all through the building that the external wall is seperate from the floors, as in your photo ?