Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart Listens to Every Album on Wiki's List for 2017
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 07:30 AM   #1773 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Album title: Towards Language
Artist: Arve Henriksen
Genre: Jazz
Nationality: Norwegian
Release date: May 5
Position in Discography: Ninth
Estimated Rating:

Familiar with this artist?No
Familiar with the genre or subgenre?No
Average RYM Score: 3.30
I think this may be the second Norwegian jazz artist I've heard. Arve Henriksen is a trumpet player, so naturally that's the instrument most prominent here, but thankfully for me, at least so far, it's very laid back and soft and gentle, lulling as opposed to harsh and brash, which suits me just fine. If it stays like this, we may just get along. Very pleasant so far anyway; first two tracks just sort of glided by, and not in an “I didn't even notice” way, more like a “that was nice” way. Fourth track has kind of odd little sounds – seems like a kid or something but I feel it's him making those sounds on the trumpet – but still very relaxing. “Demarcation Line” kind of reminds me of one of the tracks off Vangelis's The City. And suddenly it's over. Well that was very engaging and interesting, and very pleasant. The last track is some sort of traditional hymn, which has the virtue then of being the only track on the album with vocals.

Check out more from this artist? Yes
Check out more from this genre or subgenre? Yes

Actual Rating:

Last edited by Trollheart; 02-07-2018 at 02:57 PM.
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote