Music Banter - View Single Post - Finally, a reliable traditional forum about music!
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 06:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
SmokeAndMirrors
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Welcome aboard! Who are some of your favorite artists?
For metal and hard rock stuff?
The Devil's Blood. Eternal Tapestry. Orchid. Nightbringer. Watain. Nokturnal Mortum, Mortuary Drape. Darkthrone. Bathory. Venom. Celtic Frost. Electric Wizard. The Oath. Sunn O))). Thorr's Hammer. Shroud Eater. Destroyer Of Light. Mayhem. Sleep. Om. Cult Of Fire. Therion. And obviously, Black Sabbath.

Al Cisneros from Sleep/Om still remains to be my favorite metal bassist. Him and Geezer Butler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
It's always possible to get people back into metal.
I never really totally fell out of metal. I'm still in a metal band. I just don't listen to it as much. I've been doing metal pretty much the entire time I've been playing. My interests have just branched out over the years, is all. Progressively speaking, composition and song structure, the detail work, became more and more interesting to me. I still love it, just that my approach to it is a bit different these days than it has been in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akai View Post
Welcome, nice to see a fellow bassist for once.

I use an MTD KZ5 custom shop.
Heyo! Yeah, it's fun man. I haven't used a pick in years. LOL. Occasionally I'll pick one up for tone, but that's pretty rare. Fingers just feel more natural.
SmokeAndMirrors is offline   Reply With Quote