Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart Listens to Every Album on Wiki's List for 2017
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 01:30 PM   #1837 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Album title: Musas
Artist: Natalia Lafourcade and Los Macorinos
Genre: Folk
Nationality: Mexican
Release date: May 5 (Cinco de Mayo!)
Position in Discography: Seventh
Estimated Rating:

Familiar with this artist? No
Familiar with the genre or subgenre? No
Average RYM Score: 3.53
A collaboration between Natalia Lafourcade and the acoustic guitar duo Los Macorinos, which I'm afraid means nothing to me, as I know neither, but it seems to be a big deal. Mostly traditional Mexican songs with a few of her own thrown in, I of course know none of them but the album does achieve what she says she set out to do on it, which is to make it sound very authentically Mexican. I guess if that's your bag then you'll probably enjoy this, but it doesn't do anything for me personally."Qué He Sacado Con Quererte" is nice, some really lovely cello on it, and "Rocío de Todos los Campos" is pleasant too, but isn't “Son Amores (That's Amore)” Italian? I certainly know that song – who doesn't? - but it's the only one I do know.

Yeah, it's very pleasant and she's a great singer no doubt, to say nothing of the expertise of the two lads on guitars, but for the most part I was just, again, bored. The only real highlight for me was the instrumental closer. Just not really for me, I'm afraid.

Check out more from this artist? No (maybe Los Macorinos)
Check out more from this genre or subgenre? Yes

Actual Rating: