Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart Listens to Every Album on Wiki's List for 2017
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 12:15 PM   #1882 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Album title: Harry Styles
Artist: Harry Styles
Genre: BritPop/Soft Rock/Rock
Nationality: English
Release date: May 12
Position in Discography: Debut solo
Estimated Rating:

Familiar with this artist? Of course I've heard of him
Familiar with the genre or subgenre? Yes
Average RYM Score: 2.94
Sigh. What a day. Some mostly below-average albums, a Swedish boyband and now a solo album from my least favourite boyband of all time. Sigh, I say. Well at least it doesn't sound like a pop album, with some acoustic guitar and then a nice piano ballad kicking it off, folky feel to “Sweet Creature” and an attempt at hard rock in “Only Angel”. Not sure what market our Harry is shooting for here: I imagine One Direction fans will hate this, as it's a far more “mature” record than they'd expect, and genuine rock fans are likely to sneer at it as the boyband member tries to play “real” music and, it must be said, fails on pretty much every front. I guess his name sold the album by itself, but I find myself wondering how many of his devoted fans bought it and were disappointed with it? Pretty blatant attempt to cash in on the audience beyond the teenybopper set, but you don't fool me, Harry: you're still a ****.
Check out more from this artist? Nah
Check out more from this genre or subgenre? Yes

Actual Rating: