Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Lyrics
Thread: Favorite Lyrics
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 10:45 PM   #732 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

As Above, So Below is one of the most interesting phrases out there. You will reflect the universe and the universe will reflect you. Learning to manipulate that is supposed to be the basis of magick. I'm not sure how much truth there is to that. I'm not sure if victims of Peter Scully did anything to attract that kind of cruelty from the universe. Or perhaps it refers to how you choose to reflect that cruelty will have an impact on the universe. Or perhaps it's based in confirmation bias. Or maybe a more phenomenological approach is you reflect your perception of the universe. Maybe it says that we lack free will because we are merely reacting to the universe and are predetermined by it to follow a set path. Maybe it means that freewill is only granted to those who realize this and choose to carve our own paths thus making the universe bend to our wills. Or maybe it's just all mystical nonsense that people repeat because it's aesthetically pleasing.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote