Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 01:44 AM   #9733 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I don't even know where these people even get these guns to be honest. Like, if there is such strong gun violence in areas like Chicago that nobody ever talks about because I guess black people dying isn't an issue, and these people definitely are not buying guns legally, would gun laws truly prevent mentally ill white people from obtaining them? I mean, yeah, making it harder is sure to prevent so many of these events, but contrary to popular belief these things are typically planned. Now if a young Chicago kid can get access to automatic rifles illegally, who's stopping a determined James Holmes from doing the same thing? Or what happens when they just turn to bombs? Or they just start stabbing fools? Yeah, less death, but the problem still isn't solved.
I'm just saying that if a person in Denmark decides he needs a gun to go shoot some people, it's going to be difficult. Last shooting I heard of in Denmark that didn't involve gangsters was one hunter shooting another by accident.

Mass availability of guns means easy mass killing. It's not even going to be enough to screen people for mental illness. You need to remove guns from your society to the level of nations without gun stores.

Of course, this won't happen 'till Hell freezes over.

For that matter, it will be better for black communities as well if guns are outlawed. It's prevention of deadly and mass violence.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote