Music Banter - View Single Post - The scariest ****ing thing you've ever seen.
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 08:14 AM   #287 (permalink)
grindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
The Large Hadron Collider. It's both scary, and brilliant for the exact same reasons. That's a ****ton of power running through that thing. But I think that we should absolutely keep using it because it will give us answers over time. It's scary because that amount of power can not only do some seriously damaging ****ed up ****, but also because if they find a subatomic particle with evidence of the missing link within the Darwinian theory of evolution of man, that will completely rock the foundations of society on a global level. If ever we were to find something along the lines of the conceptual idea of the fountain of youth, or something that detrimentally would increase the longevity of our lives, it'd be in that highly complex world. At the same time though, Hawking is right, humans are ****ing with things that we're not meant to be ****ing with by getting into that territory. Trouble is, that man has to play with fire in order to survive. It's a paradox of sorts. There's no such thing as too much knowledge. I firmly believe that to be true. I also believe, that in an attempt to quest for knowledge and freedom, mankind will eventually destroy itself and that there is no avoiding that, really.
Okay...