Music Banter - View Single Post - Micshazam's album and song picks
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 04:17 AM   #100 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

I haven't been checking out much music recently, as I've been somewhat busy. But here's a few things that stuck out to me:

BARREN EARTH - Withdrawal

In my opinion, this band never quite delivered on their potential, but maybe this next disc will be the time. They certainly seem willing to experiment a bit, considering their previous songs had a sort of proggy-melodeath vibe, with a dash of some pseudo-folky keyboards. This song has some nice things going for it and I always liked this band better when there's no growling.

BARREN EARTH - Further Down

Speaking of which... This other new track tells me that the new album isn't a complete style change, although I do detect some details in this that sound more like Ihsahn than old Barren Earth. I'm going to check out the new album when it lands, but I won't expect too much.

Realizing I have no new music to post, but also really wanting to post more, I'm going to raid my record shelf for inspiration and find a few things to show:

Eths - Nihil Sine Causa

Did a pretty good, somewhat strange album, then closed shop. Several bands did the same around that time. I mean, come one. Don't do 5 bland albums, then quit when you're starting to finally go somewhere.

Faun Fables - Ode to Rejection

Monika Roscher Bigband - Illusion

I might have posted this one before? Anyway, you should make sure to check out her music.

Canvas Solaris - Horizontal Radiant

Generally, I find hyper-technical prog metal boring. Especially the instrumental kind. This album is an exception.

Last edited by MicShazam; 02-18-2018 at 09:09 AM.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote