Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 08:38 AM   #48649 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthefacts View Post
Ok. Everything I'm about to say is completely true and happened only a few hours ago. I went to see Waxahatchee tonight. It was her, her guitar, her keyboard and that was it. In between songs I would fill up dead air with questions directed to her like "so how're you"? And song suggestions and dumb shit like that. It was all completely amicable and would even create banter between more people in the crowd. Before the very last song, I politely mentioned that she is somewhat attractive. I didn't say somewhat though. She looked around and asked who said that. I made it kinda obvious it was me who said it. She looked at me and said don't EVER say that to a singer onstage. She dedicated her last song to everybody in the room but me. AND THEN after her final song, she put her fender down and walked offstage. No thank you's, no appreciation for spending our hard earned cash, just fucking walked off. And everyone hated me.

Now my conundrum came when I was driving home after the show. All I fucking said was "You're very attractive". I didn't say she was hot (because she isn't), or anything profane at all. I simply said she was attractive and she put me on blast. Fuck Waxahatchee. Her show was dreadfully boring anyhow.
Did you ask her why?

And are those the exact words you used?
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote